Customized Exercise and Rehabilitation
Physiotherapy in Fanwood, NJ: Rehabilitation therapy is an important part of a treatment plan for many conditions. Physiotherapy is also used effectively in helping injured workers return to the workforce, people suffering from arthritis and people recovering from surgery.
Exercises may vary and change from patient to patient, but the goal is always the same. The aim of a rehabilitation program is to regain pre-injury levels in all aspects of physical fitness. Correction of muscle imbalance problems around the shoulder, hip or knee are addressed effectively with exercise rehabilitation guided by a trained professional. Core stability muscles are also an important part of the treatment of chronic lower back pain.
A full rehabilitation and strengthening program is essential to ensure full recovery and in order to prevent further injury. These exercises sometimes include muscle stretching, joint mobility exercises or muscle strengthening exercises. A rehabilitation and strengthening program is essential to ensure full recovery and in order to prevent re-injuries.
Benefits of Exercise Rehabilitation:
- Reduces or eliminates pain
- Can help avoid surgery
- Improves mobility
- Recover from or prevent sports injuries
- Improves balance
- Manages diabetes and vascular conditions
- Helps manage and prevent health issues due to aging.
Exercise Rehabilitation Restores Flexibility and Balance
Flexibility is the ability to extend or stretch without breaking. The term is usually used to describe muscles but can also be used to describe a movement involving a number of muscles. Along with physiotherapy building muscle strength and aiding in recovery, these exercises can also improve flexibility, a vital part of maintaining a sound body. Balance can be difficult for the body after time, regardless if you are injured or not, the body sometimes works to compensate for weak areas, ultimately throwing the body off-balance just from daily activities.
Physiotherapy Treatment Modalities
- Electric Muscle Stimulation: Electric muscle stimulation is a physiotherapy modality that is used to stimulate muscle contractions using electrodes hooked up to an electric stimulation machine at our facility. These contractions help to control pain, manage inflammation and strengthen the muscle.
- Spinal Traction (Spinal Decompression): Traction therapy is non-surgical, non-invasive, and typically does not involve pain medications. The treatment is not only safe and painless, but also comfortable and relaxing. Spinal traction allows us to gently separate the vertebrae from each other creating a vacuum inside the discs promoting diffusion of water, oxygen and other nutrient-rich fluids from the outside of the discs to the inside. Over time, the results of this therapy are quite dramatic in healing disc injuries in the neck and lower back.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments to the spine restore alignment, thereby improving nervous system function. The results are a reduction to elimination in pain followed by the body being able to properly heal itself from injury.
- Custom Stretching & Exercise Programs: Dr. Apuzzio provides his patients with custom stretching and exercise programs, including take home exercises, designed to help restore health to pre-injury levels.
- Acupuncture: Dr. Apuzzio also utilizes the latest Electronic Meridian Imaging diagnostic software to analyze and treat acupuncture meridians with laser-TENS.
Call (908) 322-7933 or Send Us Message to Schedule Your Next Appointment. We are conveniently located at 214 North Martine Ave., Fanwood NJ 07023 and accept most insurance plans!
214 North Martine Ave.,
Fanwood NJ 07023
Mon: 9am–1pm & 3pm-7pm
Tues: 5pm-8pm (emergencies)
Wed: 9am–1pm & 3pm-7pm
Fri: 9am–1pm & 3pm-7pm
Sat: 9am-12pm (emergencies)